Delicious hot or chilled. Just cook the chicken and refrigerate it along with the vegetable mixture. Assemble the salad just before serving time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb.)
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 1In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken and salad greens; mix well. Set aside.
- 2Heat grill. Place 1 chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Working from center, gently pound chicken with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick; remove wrap. Repeat with remaining chicken breast halves.
- 3When ready to barbecue, place chicken breast halves on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear; turning once.
- 4Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch slices.
- 5Arrange greens on 4 individual salad plates. Stir vegetable mixture. Using slotted spoon, arrange vegetable mixture over greens. Arrange chicken slices over vegetable mixture; spoon liquid from vegetable mixture over chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Gazpacho Salad
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.1
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 257.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 29.8 g