Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious hot or chilled. Just cook the chicken and refrigerate it along with the vegetable mixture. Assemble the salad just before serving time.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb.)
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken and salad greens; mix well. Set aside.
- Heat grill. Place 1 chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Working from center, gently pound chicken with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick; remove wrap. Repeat with remaining chicken breast halves.
- When ready to barbecue, place chicken breast halves on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear; turning once.
- Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch slices.
- Arrange greens on 4 individual salad plates. Stir vegetable mixture. Using slotted spoon, arrange vegetable mixture over greens. Arrange chicken slices over vegetable mixture; spoon liquid from vegetable mixture over chicken.