Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious hot or chilled. Just cook the chicken and refrigerate it along with the vegetable mixture. Assemble the salad just before serving time.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb.)
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken and salad greens; mix well. Set aside.
- Heat grill. Place 1 chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Working from center, gently pound chicken with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick; remove wrap. Repeat with remaining chicken breast halves.
- When ready to barbecue, place chicken breast halves on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear; turning once.
- Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch slices.
- Arrange greens on 4 individual salad plates. Stir vegetable mixture. Using slotted spoon, arrange vegetable mixture over greens. Arrange chicken slices over vegetable mixture; spoon liquid from vegetable mixture over chicken.