Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This is just something I put together after being home all day. My husband and I love it. You will too.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 8 ounces Paul Newman's Vinegar and Oil Dressing
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons romano cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar (to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Mix all marinade ingredients together.
- Pour half of marinade over chicken and let marinate between 1 and 24 hours. Keep other half of dressing for the future or for your salad.
- Mix together breading. Coat chicken on both sides with breading mixture, press in mixture.
- Place in greased baking dish; cover and bake for 30 minutes at 350°.
The flavor of the chicken was very nice but it just lacked the oomph I was looking for. I made as posted except to leave out the corn syrup. At the end of the baking time, the coating just wasn't very brown and it kept falling off. I think next time I would drizzle some butter over the chicken or bake it in some butter. Thank you for posting!