This is a marvelous dish that I throw together whenever I am in a hurry. It is so quick and easy. I adapted this recipe from a recipe I found a while back. The recipe was really lacking, so I added some key ingredients to bring the recipe to life :-) I hope you like it!
- 4 ounces fusilli
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups red capsicums (or both) or 1 1⁄2 cups green capsicum, cut into thin slivers (or both)
- 2 green onions, minced fine
- 1⁄8 cup raisins
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Take out a large pot and cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile, In a wok or a skillet, heat oil and saute chicken with capsicum, onions and raisins for 3-5 minutes, until chicken is done.
- Add ginger, garlic, and pine nuts and cayenne and toss.
- Add soy sauce and lime juice, and remove from heat.
- Drain your pasta; do not rinse it!
- Put pasta in a large bowl and pour chicken mixture over pasta and lightly toss.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately!
- Add more soy sauce and more cayenne to your tastes (I use a lot more cayenne!).