Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very rich, delicious recipe that my sister gave me many years ago. If you love green olives, as I do, you will enjoy this filling and tasty recipe. I don't know where my sister found the recipe originally. She lives alone and I know it is one she makes often and freezes up portions for herself to have again later. Hope you enjoy it!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup oleo
- 2 (4 ounce) jars sliced mushrooms or 2 cups fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 can of undiluted cream of celery soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (6 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped (OR 2 cans of 5 1/2 oz. each boned chicken)
- 1⁄4 cup stuffed green olive, sliced
- hot buttered noodles
- Melt butter in a large skillet or saucepan.
- Saute mushrooms (you may substitute 2 cups of fresh mushrooms, if desired).
- Blend in the soup, cheese and sour cream.
- Add chicken and olives.
- Heat to serving temperature.
- Serve over buttered noodles.
- Note: This can be frozen in individual containers and then take out portions that you need and reheat.
OMG, this was great and really pretty simple. Followed the recipe to the letter which was clear and simple but did add chopped onion to the mushrooms while sauting. Served it w/fresh grated parmesian cheese on top and a glass of Washington Red Wine - yum!! It is rich as everyone says, but what a great way to end a day. I had plenty of left overs to freeze so will be anxious to see how that comes out when re-heated. DH is already requesting a repeat on this one and that's a major compliment. Thanks for a great recipe. Made for PAC Spring 08
This dish IS rich and c=very flavorful. I didn't have any leftover cooked chicken, so I took a boneless skinless breast sliced thin and sauteed it in butter, seasoned with garlic, seasoned salt and pepper. I then added the mushrooms pepper and a small onion minced and cooked until done. I added the remaining ingredients and heated till warm. I then decided it looked thick so I added a generous "splash" of dry Sherry. This is SO tasty! I love the flavor the olives bring to the dish! I will make this again, only once in a while as I don;t think my waistline can handle the richness! Very very good. Thanks M. Joan for sharing!