Recipe by LAURIE
I haven't tried this one yet, but thought it was interesting for the Zaar World tour to France.
Top Review by heatherhopecs
My husband and I really enjoyed this, we removed as much skin and fat as possible from the chicken. We also cooked the rice separately and added it in about 1 hour before serving. The veggies were delicious. Next time I will debone the chicken first, b/c I didn't really like bones that were hanging around in there after the meat fell away. But overall, very tasty.
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 carrots
- 1 large bermuda onion
- 2 cups fresh green beans
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken into serving portions, rinse and pat dry.
- Peel and dice carrots and onion.
- Wash beans and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Clean and slice mushrooms.
- Smash, peel and dice the garlic.
- Wash, core and chop the tomatoes into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Place chicken into slow cooker.
- Add everything else except the rice and water.
- Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours.
- Stir in the rice and water.
- Cover and cook on low 3-4 more hours.