Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a hardy dish and serves 6-8 people. If you can't find El Pato Salsa, you may substitute any salsa. The fresh cilantro really gives it some zip!
- 4 chicken breasts (diced and cooked)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can salsa fresca (El Pato Brand)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup black olives (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 small yellow onion
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Frito corn chip
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- Combine milk, Salsa, tomato sauce, enchilada sauce, green chilies,and diced yellow onion.
- Place a layer of chicken then fritos in a 9x13 pan, top with sauce mixture and cheese.
- Keep repeating layers, ending with cheese.
- Bake at 350 until cheese is melted; about 25 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream, diced green onions,olives and cilantro.
This was pretty good. I noticed that the recipe was missing cheese in the ingredients list. Also, I think to could be baked a little longer than 25 mins since ovens do vary. My 17 yr old son prepared this recipe for his final in Food Nutrition class.
This recipe was AWESOME!!! My family just loved it!! I'm sure this will be a new family favorite!! Thank you so much for sharing it!!! Jen Longview,TX