Recipe by BakinBaby
This is a hardy dish and serves 6-8 people. If you can't find El Pato Salsa, you may substitute any salsa. The fresh cilantro really gives it some zip!
Top Review by Capncrunch
This was pretty good. I noticed that the recipe was missing cheese in the ingredients list. Also, I think to could be baked a little longer than 25 mins since ovens do vary. My 17 yr old son prepared this recipe for his final in Food Nutrition class.
- 4 chicken breasts (diced and cooked)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can salsa fresca (El Pato Brand)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup black olives (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 small yellow onion
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Frito corn chip
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk, Salsa, tomato sauce, enchilada sauce, green chilies,and diced yellow onion.
- Place a layer of chicken then fritos in a 9x13 pan, top with sauce mixture and cheese.
- Keep repeating layers, ending with cheese.
- Bake at 350 until cheese is melted; about 25 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream, diced green onions,olives and cilantro.