Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
It's really simple and really tasty. Make some gravy and serve with collards or hoppin' john.
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon shoyu or 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- slice tofu into cutlets about 1/4 inch thick.
- press the water from the tofu cutlets for about 15 minutes.
- coat cutlets in nutritional yeast.
- in a large skillet (cast iron works best) heat oil over medium-low heat. when oil shimmers add tofu, dropping a small amount of shoyu onto each cutlet.
- when the cutlets get brown on the bottom (4-5 minutes) flip and brown on the other side.
- serve with gravy and enjoy.
I've had this many times at home and it's delicious. I would definitely go tofu/gravy/mashed potatos and then brocolli or a heavy green veg like that. Amazing winter vegan food!