Recipe by VegBear
It's really simple and really tasty. Make some gravy and serve with collards or hoppin' john.
Top Review by babajojo
I've had this many times at home and it's delicious. I would definitely go tofu/gravy/mashed potatos and then brocolli or a heavy green veg like that. Amazing winter vegan food!
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon shoyu or 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- slice tofu into cutlets about 1/4 inch thick.
- press the water from the tofu cutlets for about 15 minutes.
- coat cutlets in nutritional yeast.
- in a large skillet (cast iron works best) heat oil over medium-low heat. when oil shimmers add tofu, dropping a small amount of shoyu onto each cutlet.
- when the cutlets get brown on the bottom (4-5 minutes) flip and brown on the other side.
- serve with gravy and enjoy.