It's really simple and really tasty. Make some gravy and serve with collards or hoppin' john.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1slice tofu into cutlets about 1/4 inch thick.
- 2press the water from the tofu cutlets for about 15 minutes.
- 3coat cutlets in nutritional yeast.
- 4in a large skillet (cast iron works best) heat oil over medium-low heat. when oil shimmers add tofu, dropping a small amount of shoyu onto each cutlet.
- 5when the cutlets get brown on the bottom (4-5 minutes) flip and brown on the other side.
- 6serve with gravy and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fried Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (523 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.2
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 249.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 17.5 g