Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
It's really simple and really tasty. Make some gravy and serve with collards or hoppin' john.
Make and share this Chicken Fried Tofu recipe from Food.com.
- slice tofu into cutlets about 1/4 inch thick.
- press the water from the tofu cutlets for about 15 minutes.
- coat cutlets in nutritional yeast.
- in a large skillet (cast iron works best) heat oil over medium-low heat. when oil shimmers add tofu, dropping a small amount of shoyu onto each cutlet.
- when the cutlets get brown on the bottom (4-5 minutes) flip and brown on the other side.
- serve with gravy and enjoy.
I've had this many times at home and it's delicious. I would definitely go tofu/gravy/mashed potatos and then brocolli or a heavy green veg like that. Amazing winter vegan food!