1/2 Photos of Chicken Fried Steak With Mushroom Gravy
The BEST chicken fried steak ever! I use this method for frying chicken as well, Enjoy with some veggies and fluffy mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour, breadcrumbs, parmesean cheese, and seasonings in a bowl.
- 2Dip steaks into a small amount of milk and then dredge in the flour mixture.
- 3Place 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil in frying pan over medium-high heat.
- 4Cook steaks for 5 minutes on one side (cooking time depends on thickness of steak).
- 5The juices from the steak might soak up the flour, so before you flip the steaks add some more of the flour mixture, patting it down with a spatula.
- 6When brown, flip over and continue to cook for another 3 mintues (again cooking time varies).
- 7When finished cooking, remove steaks and keep warm.
- 8FOR GRAVY:.
- 9Once steaks are finished cooking add a small amount of oil (most of oil, if not all, will have been used in cooking the steaks) and cook the mushrooms.
- 10Add 1/4 water, salt&pepper, and continue cooking.
- 11Make sure to get all of the scraps from the sides of the pan that the steaks left into the liquid you are cooking the mushrooms in.
- 12When most of liquid is cooked off, sprinkle remaining flour over mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
- 13Add milk and cook until thickened to your liking.
- 14Serve with mashed potatoes and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fried Steak With Mushroom Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.8
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 33.2 mg
- Sodium 747.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 18.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: