1/1 Photo of Chicken Fried Steak With Gravy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR CHICKEN FRIED STEAK
- oil or shortening
- 6 -8 tenderized beef cutlets (round or cube steak)
- 3 -4 cups seasoned flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1Heat about 1/4-1/2 inch of oil or shortening in a frying pan.
- 2Beat eggs then combine with milk.
- 3Dredge tenderized beef cutlets in flour, then egg-milk wash, then a second time in flour.
- 4Place dredged cutlets into heated oil and fry until golden, about 10 minutes.
- 5Turn steak over and cook for another 5 minutes or so until both sides are golden.
- 6Remove to a plate lined with paper towels and allow to drain.
- 7TIME TO MAKE THE GRAVY: Drain all but 1-2 tablespoons of drippings from the frying pan; leave all the cooked bits you can.
- 8Combine flour and seasonings with milk, then pour into the pan with drippings and bits.
- 9Continually stir/whisk the gravy over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, or until desired consistency.
- 10Taste and add more salt or pepper if necessary.
- 11Serve generously over each piece of chicken fried steak.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fried Steak With Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.3
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 139.9 mg
- Sodium 155.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 18.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: