Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
"Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee"
Make and share this Chicken Fried Steak With Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- Combine one package salad dressing mix, flour, and pepper to taste in a large plastic bag. Set aside.
- Combine another package salad dressing mix, egg, and 2 cups buttermilk in a shallow bowl. Soak steaks in buttermilk mixture.
- Remove steak, one at a time, and toss in flour mixture. Shake off excess flour and dip again in buttermilk. Return to flour mixture and toss.
- Heat 1/2 inch layer of oil in a large cast iron skillet to 350 degrees. Place 2 steaks in the pan at a time. Cook for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- For gravy: Combine 1 cup buttermilk, chicken broth, and gravy package in small saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium heat and stir well. Top steaks with gravy.