Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is another variation of the old favorite. Made with cube steak and cream of mushroom soup. We have been making it this way for years.
- 1 lb cube steak (4 pieces)
- 1 (26 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (can use 2 small cans)
- garlic powder, to taste
- Sprinkle cube steaks with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- Dredge in flour- I usually coat them once, let them sit a couple minutes then coat them again.
- Heat enough oil to lightly cover the bottom of your pan.
- Brown cube steaks well on both sides.
- Lower heat and add undiluted cream of mushroom soup.
- (Drain oil first if you have alot in the bottom of the pan).
- Simmer for approx 30 mins turning meat occasionally and loosening"crustys" from the bottom of the pan.
- Serve over rice.
- (I do not care for cream of mushroom soup on its own but when it incorporates with the flour and crustys from the meat it makes a tasty gravy).
Very tasty! My Southern husband is super picky about "traditional southern foods" and he really loved this one! Said it was a "family favorite" and a keeper! I also added some milk to the soup to thin out and did seasoning salt on the meat beforehand. Thanks for a tasty supper!
This was amazingly easy and tasted great. My 3 yr old and 5 yr old only took 2 bites, buy no surprise there. I served this with peas and mashed potatoes. Great dinner and so easy, thanks so much for posting!
This was so easy to make, I cut the recipe down so it would feed the two of us. I have to admit that my dad even liked it and that very unusual. Thanks for a keeper!