1/3 Photos of Chicken-Fried Steak for Two
This is a slightly altered version of Chicken Fried Steak that I got out of a cookbook. It is a really good recipe for the cheaper cuts of steak, because if the steak is a little on the tough side, you can return it back to the gravy and simmer until tender.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1On a plate, mix bread crumbs with salt and pepper.
- 2Dip steak in beaten egg, then bread crumbs.
- 3Heat oil in heavy skillet and add meat.
- 4Brown over low heat until done.
- 5Place on warm platter and keep hot.
- 6Make a gravy by adding flour to pan drippings.
- 7Stir over mediun heat until light brown.
- 8With a whisk, stirring constantly, stir in milk until desired thickness.
- 9Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 10You can return steak to pan and simmer or you can spoon the gravy over the steak when served.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken-Fried Steak for Two
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.0
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 114.2 mg
- Sodium 1041.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 13.1 g