- 2 lbs cube steaks
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup pan dripping
- 2 -3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- If needed, cut steaks into serving size pieces.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and garlic salt in a pie plate or shallow bowl, Combine eggs and milk in another shallow bowl.
- Dredge steaks in flour mixture, dip in egg mixture, and then dredge back in flour mixture.
- Lightly pound steaks.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a frying pan to medium heat (375 degrees).
- Fry steaks in hot oil until browned, turning once.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of pan drippings for gravy.
- For Gravy: In heated pan drippings, stir in 1/4 cup flour.
- Cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk and cook until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve steaks with a ladle of gravy.