Recipe by FolkDiva
Serve this up with mashed potatoes, cream gravy and homemade biscuits for a Southern feast! Recipe may also be made with boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs round steaks
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim steak and pound, if needed, to 1/2 inch thick; cut into 6-8 pieces.
- Combine evaporated milk, Tabasco jalapeno sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl.
- Measure 1 cup of flour into a second bowl.
- Combine remaining flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Dip steak into flour, into milk mixture, and then into seasoned flour (repeat this process for an extra thick coating).
- Set aside until all meat is coated.
- Heat 1 or 2 inches of oil in a heavy fry pan.
- Fry meat until both sides are golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with cream gravy.
- Cream Gravy:
- Pour off all but about 6 tablespoons of fat from fry pan; add 6 tablespoons flour into pan (use leftover seasoned flour) and blend well.
- Allow the flour 'paste' to brown slightly over medium heat for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Gradually stir in 2-1/2 cups milk.
- Simmer and stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover steaks with gravy when served.