Recipe by mailbelle
I've been making this for so long that I can't remember where I got the original recipe from. The crushed saltine crackers help make the coating extra crispy.
Top Review by LaurieLeslie
This is a great recipe. I found the prep work easy and quick. The onIy thing that took any time was the actual frying. I used italian bread crumbs because I didn't have any saltines and it came out great. I also used paper plates instead of more dishes. I barely had any clean up! My husband enjoyed this meal as well and this is saying a lot!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs cube steaks
- salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups finely crushed saltine crackers
- cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Season each steak on both sides with salt and pepper, rubbing it into the meat.
- In a shallow dish, beat the eggs.
- Place the flour and cracker crumbs in 2 separate pie plates.
- One at a time, dredge the steaks in the flour, then dip in the egg, then coat with the cracker crumbs.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over low heat.
- Add the steaks and cook slowly, turning them carefully once or twice.
- It will take about 20-30 minutes until the meat is fully cooked through and the crumb coating is brown and crisp.
- Serve with milk gravy.