Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
A classic Texas tradition. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes and creamy country gravy.
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 lb cube steak
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Mix eggs and milk in a second bowl.
- Salt & pepper meat.
- Dip meat in dry ingredients then egg & milk mixture. Repeat twice.
- Place steaks in a skillet with about 4 T oil and cook until done (about 5-7 minutes per side).
- This makes 2 Texas size steaks.
First, I must say that I'm very pleased to be the first one to rate this recipe.:)I've made several chicken fried steaks in my time.And,I've never seen a recipe that uses cornmeal in the breading.I had some pork cube steaks that I wanted to use up,so I chose this recipe.This recipe was so easy to follow,that even a beginner cook could make this without any trouble.The taste was pretty good but,the only thing that I would do the next time,is to add a little bit more pepper to the tops of the meat before frying. Thanks for posting,and "Keep Smiling :)"