Recipe by School cooker
These are Crispy breaded Spam slices.I won third place at our local Spam cookoff with this a few years ago.I do love the SPAM T-Shirt and Spam Spatula I got for it.
Top Review by Likkel
We really enjoyed this recipe! There was enough to have used 2 cans of Spam (and it was so good that I wish we had done so!). After we were done cooking the Spam and had removed them, I made a milk gravy in the same pan. We made use of the leavings in that skillet and served the gravy with some mashed potatoes and a little over the Chicken Fried Spam as well. It was nice, easy dinner that everyone enjoyed.
- 1 (16 ounce) can Spam, sliced about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 cups self rising flour, seasoned with
- salt & pepper
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄8 cup hot sauce, I use Crystal
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix eggs,milk and hot sauce in a bowl.Hot sauce does not maintain it's heat so use how much you want.
- Put flour salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan to about 300 deg.I use peanut oil.
- Dip Spam in egg then flour and fry til golden brown.I serve with Chicken gravy and mashed Potatoes.
- I also use this method for cube steak,fried chicken and fried green tomatoes.