1/1 Photo of Chicken Fried South of the Border Sirloin Steaks
Montana Heart Song's Note:
This is quick and easy. You can use on any steak including venison or elk. The crispy crust keeps the juices and flavors in the meat,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large flat pan, pour milk, add steaks.
- 2Preheat oil in large frying pan.
- 3Turn over the steaks so both sides are coated with milk. Then drain.
- 4In large flat pan or plate, add flour, salt, cumin and chili pepper. Stir to mix.
- 5Coat each steak with flour mixture both sides.
- 6Fry medium high heat until coating is medium to yellow brown. Turn once until both sides are nice and brown.
- 7You may have to add more oil depending on the size of the steaks.
- 8Note: You can use the soaking milk and the balance of the flour mixture to make a gravy if you wish, just add more milk, flour, other seasonings as you wish; and wisk until bubbling.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fried South of the Border Sirloin Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (588 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1610.2
- Calories from Fat 1153
- Total Fat 128.1 g
- Saturated Fat 40.2 g
- Cholesterol 239.8 mg
- Sodium 560.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 82.9 g