Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is quick and easy. You can use on any steak including venison or elk. The crispy crust keeps the juices and flavors in the meat,
- In large flat pan, pour milk, add steaks.
- Preheat oil in large frying pan.
- Turn over the steaks so both sides are coated with milk. Then drain.
- In large flat pan or plate, add flour, salt, cumin and chili pepper. Stir to mix.
- Coat each steak with flour mixture both sides.
- Fry medium high heat until coating is medium to yellow brown. Turn once until both sides are nice and brown.
- You may have to add more oil depending on the size of the steaks.
- Note: You can use the soaking milk and the balance of the flour mixture to make a gravy if you wish, just add more milk, flour, other seasonings as you wish; and wisk until bubbling.
Flavour was good, and the steak was cooked to an excellent medium rare. The crust did seem to be asking for a little extra kick. I'd be tempted to add some extra chili, or even some cayenne. A little salt and freshly ground black pepper accented it beautifully, though. I never tried the gravy, so I might give that a shot next time. Thanks for posting!