Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Really flavorful rice.
- 3 cups cooked rice (cold)
- 3 3⁄4 teaspoons olive oil or 3 3⁄4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch chunks (1 small breast)
- 4 anchovies packed in oil, drained and finely chopped (this can be done in a food processor)
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup peas (defrost if frozen)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- pepper, to taste
- Heat a nonstick wok or skillet over medium heat until hot (2 minutes); add 3/4 teaspoon oil and swirl to coat bottom and sides of pan.
- Soft scramble egg; remove from pan.
- Add remaining oil and turn heat to high; cook chicken, stirring infrequently, until nicely browned (5-10 minutes).
- Turn heat back down to medium and add the anchovies, ginger, and garlic; sauté until fragrant (20-30 seconds).
- Add rice and stir-fry until anchovy mixture is thoroughly integrated and rice grains are separated (2 minutes).
- Add 1 tablespoon chicken stock; stir and cook until rice is heated through (1 minute) (add more chicken stock if rice appears too dry).
- Return egg and add peas; stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper; stir.
- Serve immediately.