1 hr 38 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef #518910's Note:
I was working in a great little chinese restaurant in Acworth, GA for over a year. Here's the recipe. You can substitute the meat for shrimp, beef flank steak, pork loin or add all three for "House Special" fried rice. For Hawaiian Fried Rice, use good quality ham and diced pineapple!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice (Jasmine Thai)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon msg
- 1/2 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 1/2 sweet vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Wash rice and cook with a couple pinches of salt. Then, put it on a plate and cover with saran wrap and allow to cool in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- 2Slice the chicken to the size of 3 quarter dollars put together, or cut to your preference. Partially freeze the meat to make meat easier to cut small.
- 3Put the chicken in a small bowl. Add the cornstarch, garlic powder, 1/2 the salt, 1/2 the sugar, 1/2 the white pepper, 1/2 the MSG and 2 teaspoons of water. Mix by hand to coat the meat. This step keeps the meat juicy while cooking in hot oil.
- 4Heat 3 tablespoons oil in your wok at 80% heat. Add the chicken and cook until white. Drain off the oil and set meat aside.
- 5Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the wok. Heat to 60% heat and add the beaten egg. Allow the egg to cook before stirring it. Stirring the egg while it is setting will make the egg more fluffy, like scrambled eggs.
- 6Turn the heat up to 80% and add the onion. Cook for 30 seconds and then add the cooled rice. Keep flipping or turning the rice over to heat it evenly in the pan for 1 minute.
- 7Add the remaining salt, sugar, white pepper, and MSG. Continue turning the rice for another minute.
- 8Add the chicken, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and peas and carrots. Continue turning and flipping for 3 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fried Rice - Restaurant Style
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1194.4
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 178.3 mg
- Sodium 1120.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 158.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 41.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: