1/2 Photos of Chicken Fried Rice - OAMC
2 hrs 15 mins
I figured out that you can make this in gargantuan quantities and freeze in containers for later. It really saves time...only about 10 minutes to heat up and is a great addition to any Chinese meal. Great way to use extra cooked rice too! I have a rice cooker and it's really easy to make extra. Cook time includes cooking "real" rice and chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the peas and carrots, rice, onion, parsley flakes and chicken.
- 2Mix well.
- 3Pour into 4 bags (enough serve 4) or less for family size.
- 4Seal, lable and freeze.
- 5Thaw bag of rice mixture.
- 6Heat 1 Tbs oil in a large skillet.
- 7Dump rice mixture into the skillet.
- 8Cook and stir over medium heat, breaking up any chunks of rice, until hot, about 5 minutes.
- 9Push rice mixture to the side of the skillet.
- 10Add 1 Tbs oil to the empty side of the skillet and add the eggs.
- 11Cook and stir until eggs are thickened but still moist.
- 12Combine eggs with the rice mixture.
- 13Turn off heat.
- 14Stir in soy sauce and pepper.
- 16*Note:You can make this all ahead of time and just reheat but I like the taste of"fresh".
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fried Rice - OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.1
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 124.9 mg
- Sodium 851.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 26.1 g