Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon asian chili paste or 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In wok or shallow Dutch oven, heat oil over high heat; stir-fry chicken, onion and carrots until are tender and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 8 minutes.
- Add peas, ginger and garlic, stir-fry over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add rice, stock, green onions, seasame oil, salt and chili paste; stir-fry until hot, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sprouts.
- Variations: Pork Fried Rice: Replace chicken with 1lb pork loin, trimmed and cut in 1/2-inch chunks, or pork stir-fry strips Shrimp Fried Rice: Replace chicken with 12oz frozen cooked small shrimp.