Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My whole family loves this dish -- even our 1 year old.
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked & chopped small
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups brown rice, cooked & cold
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups mixed vegetables, cooked
- In a small bowl beat the eggs with water.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet or a wok over medium heat or until sizzling.
- Add in eggs and leave flat for about 2 minutes or until cooked through; remove to a plate then chop.
- Heat oil in the same skillet; add in onion and saute until softened (about 3-4 minutes, adding in the garlic the last 2 minutes of cooking time).
- Add in cold rice, soy sauce, sesame oil and black pepper; stir-fry tossing continuously for about 5 minutes (adding in more soy sauce and black pepper if needed to suit taste).
- Stir in the egg, chicken, veggies and green onion.