Recipe by KayKayPuff
A friend gave this to me a while back. It's sooo yummy. So much better than the take out stuff with all the preservatives.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups cold cooked white rice
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 -3 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- To cook chicken-wrap tightly in foil (making sure to seal the ends -- you want it completely wrapped) and bake on a baking sheet @ 350 for 35-40 min or until no longer pink. No seasonings needed. The foil keeps the juices in with the meat resulting in a VERY moist piece of chicken.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pour in the eggs; cook and stir until scrambled and firm. Remove from wok, and set aside.
- Put remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in the wok and turn heat up to high.
- Stir in rice until each grain is coated with oil.
- Stir in chicken, celery, carrot, peas and green onions.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and allow to steam for 5 minutes.
- Stir in scrambled eggs and soy sauce, and cook until eggs are heated through.
- **NOTE: The rice used in this HAS to be cold. I fix mine in the morning and then leave it in the fridge until dinner time.