Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
tasty Chicken fried rice. A recipe I devised after craving the fried rice from our local hibachi style Japanese restaurant.
- 2 cups uncooked rice (I cook mine in a rice cooker)
- 1 lb chicken
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1⁄2 cup carrot
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1⁄2 cup frozen southern style hash brown potatoes (actually I use all frozen veggies except the onion, saves a lot of time on chopping)
- 2 -3 tablespoons soy sauce (or to your personal taste)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Cook rice, cut up chicken into small pieces and put veggies in a bowl for later.
- Heat up a wok on high heat. Add butter, chicken and 1tbsp soy sauce cook till chicken is cooked. I then push the chicken to the side and add the eggs, I cook them until they’re done then I add the veggies, oil & sesame seeds. Cook until heated through. Then I add the rice and the add soy sauce to taste and heat until hot. It’s super simple. Feel free to add other veggies if you like or whatever else you think should be in fried rice, or use shrimp instead of chicken.