Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a budget family meal and is low in fat. Add a salad for summer and vegetables for winter.
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 9.85 ml ginger, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and sliced thinly
- 473.18 ml cooked rice
- 118.29 ml peas
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 29.58 ml fresh coriander, chopped
- 14.79 ml fish sauce
- Combine 1 tbs of soya sauce with cumin in a cup.
- Pour over chicken and refrigerate, covered for 20 minutes basting occasionally.
- Spray a large frying pan with cooking oil.
- Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add capsicum, cook for 2-3 minutes over high heat.
- Add rice, peas and onions to pan.
- Stir over high heat for 3 minutes, then keep warm.
- Cook chicken under grill for 5-7 minutes each side.
- Cook eggs in a small pan stirring until set.
- Add the egg, coriander, fish and soy sauces to the rice and combine.
- Serve rice with sliced chicken and salad/veggies.
I always enjoy fried rice and this was no exception. I didn't have any peas and used left over cooked chicken that I added at the end. Because I am watching my starch intake I cut back on the rice. Very enjoyable meal Thanks Dolphin