Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
This meal is a good way to get the kids to eat their vegetables! Prepare the veggies a day ahead and refrigerate in a resealable plastic bag to cut down on preparation time. I am not sure of the source of this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons seasoned stir-fry oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 6 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups deli rotisserie-cooked chicken, chopped
- 5 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add broccoli, carrot, celery, onion, rice, chopped chicken, green onion, and water chestnuts; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add rice, chopped chicken, green onion and water chestnuts; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add peas and soy sauce, stir-fry 1 minute more.