Recipe by Ashley L.
This recipe is a result of many experiments. I use frozen onions and dried garlic simply because it's easier for me. You can you fresh garlic and onions if you'd rather. Be sure to cool your rice for an hour in the refrigerator. That's the hour of passive cook time. If you use hot or even warm rice, it will be very mushy. Trust me!
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, pure
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, dried minced
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 3⁄4 cup onion, frozen diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions. Let it cool until no longer warm. You can place it in the refrigerator while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- In a very large skillet, heat 2 tbs of sesame oil with the minced garlic.
- Brown ground chicken breast in skillet.
- Add frozen peas & carrots and the diced onion. Cook until veggies are done.
- In the same skillet, slide over the chicken and veggies to one side. Place the tbs of butter on the empty side and scramble three eggs.
- Start incorporating the eggs with the chicken and vegetables.
- Start adding the cooled rice a cup at a time. Stir well each time you add the rice.
- Add soy sauce. Stir very, very well.