Chicken fried rice recipe from Frozen Assets Lite and Easy, Taylor Hough
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces long grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, pared and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 medium zucchini, slice into 1/2 inc pieces
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup snow peas or 1 cup peas
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1Advanced prep.
- 2Cook chicken night before. Cut into ½ inch pieces. Cook the rice night before. Store separate in fridge. Chop onions and red bell pepper. Mince ginger root and garlic. Slice zucchini into ½ inch pieces. Remove strings from snow peas and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- 4Cook onions, ginger, pepper flakes and garlic in 1 ½ tbs sesame oil. Cook over medium high heat for 2 minutes. Add zucchini, bell pepper and snow peas. Cook, stirring frequently 3-4 moniutes or until vegetables are just softened. In separate pan, scramble eggs. Stir eggs, chicken and veggie mixture into rice. Stir in soy sauce. Put into labeled freezer bag/tupperware, seal and freeze.
- 5To serve.
- 6Thaw. Heat in medium hot skillet with 2 tsp of oil. Cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.3
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 109.7 mg
- Sodium 903.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 23.2 g