Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chicken fried rice recipe from Frozen Assets Lite and Easy, Taylor Hough
Make and share this Chicken Fried Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces long grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, pared and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 medium zucchini, slice into 1/2 inc pieces
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup snow peas or 1 cup peas
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- Advanced prep.
- Cook chicken night before. Cut into ½ inch pieces. Cook the rice night before. Store separate in fridge. Chop onions and red bell pepper. Mince ginger root and garlic. Slice zucchini into ½ inch pieces. Remove strings from snow peas and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Cook onions, ginger, pepper flakes and garlic in 1 ½ tbs sesame oil. Cook over medium high heat for 2 minutes. Add zucchini, bell pepper and snow peas. Cook, stirring frequently 3-4 moniutes or until vegetables are just softened. In separate pan, scramble eggs. Stir eggs, chicken and veggie mixture into rice. Stir in soy sauce. Put into labeled freezer bag/tupperware, seal and freeze.
- To serve.
- Thaw. Heat in medium hot skillet with 2 tsp of oil. Cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until heated through.
I made this as written with the exception of the vegetables. I used 4 C of frozen stir fry mix and added a few handfuls of broccoli. I also cut back on the ginger a bit because others don't like it too hot. We both thought it was delicious and I will definitely make this again.
I love this recipe because it is very adaptable to whatever vegetables you have on hand -- I used asparagus instead of zucchini and green peppers instead of red. It's a great "clean out the fridge" recipe. Best if the rice is made ahead of time and then cooled.