Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was in a magazine my mother found back in the 1960's! It has proven to be a good one. When I make it, however, I am much more liberal with the soy sauce than what it called for.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice (3 cups cooked)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chicken breast, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cook rice, chill.
- Heat 1/2 of oil, add eggs and scramble slightly. Remove from heat.
- Add rest of oil, fry onions and chicken. Add rice, stir to coat.
- Stir in eggs and remaining ingredients. Heat through.
Beth< I tried this recipe except I used shrimp instead of chicken and added some chopped water chestnuts. YUMMY!