Recipe by rocket_j_dawg
Found this on another recipe site. Easy to prepare and a delicious alternative to wings or BBQ Ribs.
- vegetable oil (6 cups, for frying)
- 2 lbs baby back ribs, cut into ribs
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups panko breadcrumbs (Japanese bread crumbs)
For mustard sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 kirby cucumber, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Make ribs:.
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Heat 3/4 inch oil to 325°F in a deep 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, season ribs with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Put flour, eggs, and panko in 3 separate shallow bowls. Dredge ribs in flour, then coat with egg, letting excess drip off, and panko.
- Fry ribs in batches, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes per batch. Transfer first batch to a paper-towel-lined baking sheet and keep warm in oven. (Return oil to 325°F between batches.).
- Make sauce while ribs fry:.
- Stir together sauce ingredients. Serve ribs with sauce.
- Serve with boiled or mashed potatoes.