Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
makes a great crust.
- roll hamburger into patties.
- rinse one hamburger patty.
- lay in flour and heavily dust.
- rinse lightly.
- dust in flour again.
- lay in warm skillet with melted crisco.
- repeat process for each hamburger patty.
- you can make a nice gravy with flour and water after hamburgers are finished cooking.
This was a great unique way to have a hamburger! I wanted ckn frd stk hubby wanted a hamburger, its a perfect blend of both. I double dipped it with GLUTEN FREE flour and milk! Milk is a better dipper than egg, things come up crunchier.
These were good...also like my mom used to make...we had it with macaroni & cheese...a comfort meal from waaay back! I was a little disappointed in the recipe itself...it says to rinse the patties, but didn't mention in what, so I used water. But it seemed to work ok and the patties were good...I will definitely try making the gravy next time. Thanks for posting this! :)
It was like momma used to make...Thank you so much.