Recipe by DrGaellon
Adapted from a recipe by OmegaJasmine at allrecipes.com. Hamburger patties are given the chicken-fried steak treatment. Nutrition information provided includes the full amount of oil, even though most of it is left behind, and is therefore unreliable.
Top Review by eknecht
Dh LOVED this. The crispy cracker coating on the burger really hit the spot for him. I'm not much on chicken fried steak, so it wasn't my favorite, but a nice change. Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups crushed saltine crackers or 2 cups breadcrumbs, divided
- 1⁄2 cup oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, parsley, chili powder, salt, egg, and 1 cup of crushed saltine crackers. Form into patties. Coat patties with remaining cracker crumbs, and place them on a plate. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry patties for about 7 minutes per side, or until the centers are well done and the outside is golden brown.