1/2 Photos of " Chicken Fried " Fish Fingers
2 hrs 15 mins
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I know fish is good for you, but I’m one of those people that don't care for the "fishy taste" that some fish seem to have. My SO convinced me to try different types of mild fish, so I decided to try orange roughy, and used my fried chicken recipe. This recipe is the great result. Actual prep time is 2 hours 10 minutes, (2 hours chill, 10 minutes actual prep). if you try this, be careful turning, as some of the coating might flake off, but it still just as good. Submitted on April 25th,2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put fish into a medium sized bowl.
- 2Cover with buttermilk; chill for at least 2 hours.
- 3Mix together flour, seasoning salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- 4Coat each piece of fish in flour mixture.
- 5Set aside.
- 6In remaining buttermilk, add egg, mixing well.
- 7Coat floured fish in buttermilk/egg mix.
- 8Repeat step 4.
- 9Heat oil till hot but not smoking in a large skillet.
- 10Add fish six pieces at a time. Do not crowd fish.
- 11Cook until fish is golden brown and flakes easily (about 3 to 5 minutes each side).
Browse Our Top Orange Roughy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Orange Roughy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for " Chicken Fried " Fish Fingers
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.1
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 122.9 mg
- Sodium 544.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 24.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: