Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe in my mothers recipe box.
Make and share this Chicken-fried Corn on the Cob recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ears corn, husks and silk removed
- oil (for frying)
- Combine milk and egg in shallow dish and mix well.
- Combine flour, seasoned salt and pepper in shallow dish and mix well.
- Dip each ear of corn into milk and egg mixture, then roll in seasoned flour. Knock off excess flour.
- In a large skillet, heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Add corn and fry for 5 minutes or until golden brown (approximately 2-1/2 minutes on each side).
- Drain on paper towels.
So glad to see this posted.. they used to serve this at Judge Beans but they went out of business.. it's delicious!!
Used fresh corn on the cob and followed the recipe exactly. Very good! Will make again.
I followed the directions from Parkers Mom. I also used frozen corn. The taste was very good. Next time I will make sure the corn is hotter. Great taste though. Thanks.