This one is for all the men in my family. They would eat this every day!!! They even love it for breakfast, with biscuits!
- Pound breasts a little to flatten.
- Roll breasts in flour, then egg, and back in flour.
- Heat oil in large skillet on med hi.
- Add breasts and cook and turn until golden brown and juices run clear, (about 8 minutes).
- Remove and keep warm.
- To skillet add flour, stir until light brown and bubbly.
- Add a little more oil if needed.
- Mix the milks together.
- Slowly pour half the milk mix into skillet, stirring hard.
- Continue adding milk and stirring until as thin as you like.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Let boil 1 minute.
- Spoon over chicken.
This was the best fried chicken I have ever had. I have never made fried chicken at home before because I didn't think I could ever made it better than a restaurant. Believe me...THIS IS BETTER THAN ANY RESTAURANT!!! My husband and kids loved it. The gravy was good but my family is not big on light gravy. But I was thrilled to have a gravy turn out without lumps for once.
Southern comfort food in my own kitchen without deep frying! The chicken breasts were moist and tender with a wonderful, flavorful milk gravy that made the chicken and my mashed potatoes taste like heaven on a plate. Thanks for another keeper in our house!
Tasted like the fried chicken I got down south last summer. I improvised and used a beer batter. I like fat and cholesterol!! :> The Gravy does this chicken justice. And you must eat with biscuits!!! Yum!!