Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
No, the title is right! NOT chicken fried steak.....
- 30 saltine crackers
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dry potato flakes
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 (4 -5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Place crackers in a large re-sealable plastic bag; seal bag and crush crackers until they are coarse crumbs.
- Add flour, potato flakes, seasoned salt, and pepper to bag and mix well.
- Beat egg in a shallow dish or bowl; heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- One by one, dredge chicken pieces in egg beat, then place in bag with crumb mixture, seal bag and shake to coat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook coated chicken in skillet for 15 to 20 minutes, turning frequently, until golden brown and juices run clear.
Very good! Served this for dinner last night and whole family enjoyed it. The chicken turned out very moist with great flavor. Thanks for sharing!
This recipe was the best i've tried!!! I love it! I make it with a white gravy and serve with mash taters and cranberry sauce. YUM
This is a very good recipe. I have made it for a long time. Can't go wrong. Thanks for posting.