Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love this recipe! We eat this at least once a week. My kids love it with mashed potates or dirty rice. I have never actually used exact measurements so if you need to add a little more or less, it is ok. (Update: I have omitted the previous step 9. Thanks for the advice!)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 cups saltine crackers, crumbled, smashed, broken up to fine to medium consistency
- olive oil
- Pour enough oil to cover bottom of skillet or frying pan. Heat pan to medium heat (300-350 degrees).
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in pie dish.
- Pour Milk into a bowl.
- Put saltine cracker crumbs in another pie dish.
- Beat chicken breats with mallet to desired thickness. (I usually place breast in a ziploc bag to beat and I like the breasts pretty thin.).
- Dip in milk, then flour mixture, then eggs, then saltines.
- Place breasts in pan. Repeat with each chicken breast.
- Cook chicken for approximately 5 minutes each side or until a golden brown.
- Remove from pan and place on a papertowel lined plate to remove excess grease.
- Serve with gravy to top.
Wow! This was excellent... I used flour instead of cracker crumbs only because I didn't have any - The entire family enjoyed.... Thank you!
Wonderful recipe. The chicken was moist and tasty. Loved the cracker crumbs!! Will definitely make again. We loved it!!
I thought this was pretty good. This was the first time I had used cracker crumbs as a coating for chicken. I don't think I will do that again as I much prefer dry bread crumbs or flour.