Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Chicken Fried Brown Rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1⁄2 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add chicken, red pepper, and green onion.
- Cook 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove to plate.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in skillet.
- Add cooked rice; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in soy sauce, vinegar, and peas; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken and vegetable mixture.
- *NOTE: Simmer, covered, 1 cup brown rice in 2-1/2 cups water for 45 minutes.
We LOVE this recipe...kids just eat it up and adults do too. The only thing I do differently besides take out the peppers is cook the rice with chicken broth instead of water. Thanks for sharing!!!
This was the second time I made this dish. It is great! My boyfriend is a picky eater, and he rated this 5 stars, too. I added some frozen mixed veggies in addition to the peas for more color, and used more soy sauce then suggested. I will be making this frequently.
I drizzled in some egg substitute for the heck of it. I liked the addition of the rice wine vinegar. It gave it more flavor then with just the soy sauce. I will make it again as both my kids liked it too!