2 hrs 30 mins
Awesome recipe! I got the idea while watching an episode of Man Vs. Food on the Travel Channel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken breasts in plastic bag with 2 cups buttermilk. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- 2Cook buttermilk biscuits as directed on package. Once done, keep warm in the oven.
- 4In skillet, brown breakfast sausage. Do NOT drain.
- 5Once cooked, add 2 tablespoons flour, 1/2 teaspoons browning seasoning and 2 cups milk. Keep on med-low and mix. (You may add more flour or milk for desired consistency).
- 7While browning sausage, heat shortening in electric skillet to 350°F
- 8In bowl, mix 2 cups flour and seasoning salt (optional).
- 9Dip each chicken breast in the flour mixture to coat.
- 10Place in the electric skillet and cook until center is no longer pink, turning once.
- 11Cut buttermilk biscuit in half and place on plate.
- 12Place fried chicken breast on top of biscuit.
- 13On top of chicken, sprinkle cheddar cheese.
- 14Pour gravy on top and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fried Biscuits and Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (815 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2289.6
- Calories from Fat 1530
- Total Fat 170.0 g
- Saturated Fat 52.4 g
- Cholesterol 219.6 mg
- Sodium 2608.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 113.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 76.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: