Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Awesome recipe! I got the idea while watching an episode of Man Vs. Food on the Travel Channel.
Make and share this Chicken Fried Biscuits and Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- Place chicken breasts in plastic bag with 2 cups buttermilk. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Cook buttermilk biscuits as directed on package. Once done, keep warm in the oven.
- In skillet, brown breakfast sausage. Do NOT drain.
- Once cooked, add 2 tablespoons flour, 1/2 teaspoons browning seasoning and 2 cups milk. Keep on med-low and mix. (You may add more flour or milk for desired consistency).
- While browning sausage, heat shortening in electric skillet to 350°F
- In bowl, mix 2 cups flour and seasoning salt (optional).
- Dip each chicken breast in the flour mixture to coat.
- Place in the electric skillet and cook until center is no longer pink, turning once.
- Cut buttermilk biscuit in half and place on plate.
- Place fried chicken breast on top of biscuit.
- On top of chicken, sprinkle cheddar cheese.
- Pour gravy on top and enjoy!
There was more prep work that I cared for but it was worth it. I forgot to add the cheese but it was still good although next time I will diffidently add the cheese. I made my own Bisquick biscuits. Made for Chef Alphabet Soup.