1/1 Photo of Chicken Fried Bacon W/Cream Gravy
Bacon - it's the icecream of the meat world, high in Vitamin-G (grease) and bound to make the food police crazy! This side of fat douple-dipped in fat then fried in fat & served with a side of fat (cream gravy) recipe comes from Sodolak's Original Country Inn restaurant in Snook, Texas. Cream gravy is my own recipe. I do not admit to ever making fried bacon so prep time is a guesstimate ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb thick sliced bacon, cut in half
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk (or cream or half & half)
- 1/2 cup flour
- spices (optional)
- oil (for frying)
- 1Heat oil in a frying pan over med-high heat.
- 2Whisk egg and milk together in a bowl.
- 3Place flour in another bowl - season it if you'd like (garlic, pepper, salt, lemon, cajun, etc.).
- 4Double dip - first in the egg mixture, then into the flour and repeat.
- 5Fry in oil until golden brown.
- 6Serve with cream gravy for dipping; also good served with steak.
- 7To make cream gravy:.
- 8Put drippings or butter in a sauce pan over med-high heat. Whisk in the flour until well blended; cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until bubbly. Remove from heat and gradually add milk whisking constantly; return to heat & whisk until the gravy thickens; Whisk in the cream, salt & pepper.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fried Bacon W/Cream Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.2
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 107.7 mg
- Sodium 693.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: