Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Lime juice adds a zippy flavor to traditional chicken casserole.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 whole chicken, portioned
- 1⁄2 cup flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 5 shallots, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 2 limes, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Heat the oil of medium-high heat in a large skillet. Coat the chicken pieces with flour and cook for about 5 minutes, until browned, turning once. Reserve pan drippings.
- Transfer chicken to a large casserole, and cover with shallots.
- Return skillet (with drippings) to medium heat and add bell peppers. Cook slowly, until softened (about 8-10 minutes).
- Add the chicken stock, lime juice, lime zest and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour the bell peppers and liquid mixture over the chicken, and then drizzle with Worcestershire. Cover tightly with foil.
- Cook at 375F for 1.5 hours, or until chicken is very tender.
I used 4 chicken Thighs.This was a great recipe to start with but I felt something was missing I coated the chicken in parmesan breadcrumbs instead of the flour added a little cream to the sauce and mixed the worcestershire into the sauce along with a cpl splashes of tabasco and 1/2 cup chicken stock. The result was really good. Thank You