Cook1 hr 30 mins
An easy, thrifty recipe using Bisquick that I found in a little booklet I forgot I had. It's titled Strictly Thrifty Menus from Betty Crocker. I'm putting them all on here for safe keeping.
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Blend 1 cup baking mix, salt, pepper, and paprika; coat chicken pieces.
- Cook chicken in shortening and butter in skillet until light brown. Remove chicken and drain fat.
- Mix soup and 1 1/2 cups milk in skillet; add chicken pieces. Cover and heat to boiling. Cook over low heat about 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Stir 2 cups baking mix, 2/3 cup milk, parsley flakes and poultry seasoning to a soft dough.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto hot soup mixture. Cook uncovered over low heat 10 minutes; cover and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Serve with tossed salad and apple pandowdy.