1/1 Photo of Chicken Fricassee (Fricassée De Poulet)
1 hr 4 mins
You could make this ahead and gently rewarm it to serve without losing much of its deliciousness. It goes well with with brown rice or a wild rice blend. Go light with the entree (tossed salads are an eternal favorite in France too), and serve something with fruit for dessert. There are many recipes for crème fraîche at Recipe Zaar. Notice that it has tarragon-I love tarragon! I have increased the liquid after looking at Chef#286566 helpful review.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless chicken breasts, cubed in bite sized pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 lb mushroom, cleaned and sliced 1/4 inch
- 3 medium carrots, scraped and julienned in 1/4 inch wide strips
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche or 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1Melt the butter and olive oil together in a Dutch oven or other heavy large skillet on medium heat.
- 2Add the chopped onion and crushed garlic and cook for five minutes stirring occasionally.
- 3Add the chicken and brown on all sides - about ten minutes.
- 4Stir in salt and pepper.
- 5Sprinkle the top of the chicken with the flour and stir for 1 minute, thoroughly coating the chicken with the flour.
- 6Stir in the water and wine and then the prepared mushrooms, carrots, and tarragon.
- 7Bring to a low boil, cover and simmer on medium low heat for 15 minutes or just until the vegetables are cooked as you like them.
- 8Taste and adjust seasonings, if you wish.
- 9Turn off the heat and stir in the crème fraîche.
- 10Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fricassee (Fricassée De Poulet)
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.7
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 103.3 mg
- Sodium 426.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 29.1 g