Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is ultimate comfort food, and oh so good! One of my family's favorites. You can add all sorts of things, we like to add chopped serrano peppers occasionally for a little spice. I am estimating with the spices, I just sprinkle them in myself! I have also frozen this recipe for OAMC.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 10 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (26 ounce) bag frozen crinkle cut french fries
- Chop chicken breasts up into bite sized pieces and brown a a large skillet with the butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large casserole dish, combine french fries, cream of mushroom soup, milk, onion powder, garlic powder, and about half the cheese.
- Stir in browned chicken.
- Top with remaining cheese, then sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered for 1-1/2 hours, until fries are completely soft.
This is very good. I used the spicey french fries in it. My husband simply loved it. Thanks for posting.
Iv'e got a nice little twist for this recipe... Shred your chicken and instead of the cream of mushroom soup, use butter chicken sauce and top with mozzarella chunks, it comes out tasting like NewYork Fries butter chicken. It's amazing!!