1/4 Photos of Chicken French Crêpes
1 hr 25 mins
Special treat for a special brunch or lunch.This is one of our family favourites. These are also great with a seafood filling. I you want to omit the mushrooms, replace wirh 1/2 cup frozen green peas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Mushroom and Chicken Filling
- 2Mix together the flour and salt in a large bowl.
- 3Add the combined eggs and milk; gradually mixing into the flour with a whisk.
- 4Continue to whisk until a smooth batter forms.
- 5The recipe is best if you can leave the mixture to rest for 30 minutes before cooking.
- 6Rub your crêpe pan or frying-pan with a little of the butter on a scrunched up piece of paper towel.
- 7Pour a small ladleful of batter into the hot pan and tilt the pan so that the batter spreads out evenly. Cook for a minute or two on each side or until lightly browned.
- 8Use a knife & spatula to flip crêpes. Stack on a plate until ready to use;put a piece of wax paper in between each.(Can be frozen at this stage, wrapped tightly for up to 3 months.
- 10Heat butter in small frying pan. Add onions and cook until just tender and translucent. Add mushrooms and cook until liquid has evaporated.
- 11Stir in flour and cook, stirring one minute. Gradually add milk, stirring continuously; bring to a boil.
- 12Remove from heat and stir in chicken, half of the cheese, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Cool 5 minutes before filling crepes with mixture.
- 13To finish the stuffed crepes, lay a crêpe out on counter top. Place a couple of tablespoons of filling mixture along the centre and roll up to enclose. Place in a baking dish, combine remaining cheese with cream and use to top crepes before baking.
- 14Bake in moderate (180°C or 160°C fan-forced) oven, about 25 minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbling.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken French Crêpes
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.0
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 165.4 mg
- Sodium 241.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 24.9 g