Formerly a veal recipe, these are chicken cutlets that are dipped in egg and quickly sautéed. The egg provides rich color and flavor. This is a 15 minute meal from Cuisine at Home's "Weeknight Menus, vol. 2". I never seem to get a meal prepared in the time the recipe boasts but this is an easy recipe for those OMG, what to cook moments! I served it with a side dish of Gwen35's Orzo Primavera for a very satisfying meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast almonds in a large sauté pan over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until starting to turn golden brown. Transfer almonds to a plate; wipe the pan clean with a paper towel.
- 2Slice chicken crosswise into 8 pieces. Pound out each piece in a resealable plastic bag to about 1/4-inch thick using the smooth side of a meat mallet. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Place flour and egg into 2 separate shallow dishes; heat vegetable oil in the cleaned sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- 4Dredge cutlets in flour, then dip into egg, allowing excess to drip off. Place cutlets into the preheated oil and sauté until golden on both sides, about 4 minutes total. Remove from pan and set aside. DO NOT OVERCOOK!
- 5Add wine to the pan to deglaze. Reduce wine by half. Squeeze in lemon juice, simmer 2 minutes, then swirl in butter. Return chicken and almonds to the pan to heat through and coat with sauce. Garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Francese [frahn-Chez]
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.1
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 170.4 mg
- Sodium 77.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 20.0 g