Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Formerly a veal recipe, these are chicken cutlets that are dipped in egg and quickly sautéed. The egg provides rich color and flavor. This is a 15 minute meal from Cuisine at Home's "Weeknight Menus, vol. 2". I never seem to get a meal prepared in the time the recipe boasts but this is an easy recipe for those OMG, what to cook moments! I served it with a side dish of Gwen35's Orzo Primavera for a very satisfying meal.
- Toast almonds in a large sauté pan over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until starting to turn golden brown. Transfer almonds to a plate; wipe the pan clean with a paper towel.
- Slice chicken crosswise into 8 pieces. Pound out each piece in a resealable plastic bag to about 1/4-inch thick using the smooth side of a meat mallet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place flour and egg into 2 separate shallow dishes; heat vegetable oil in the cleaned sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Dredge cutlets in flour, then dip into egg, allowing excess to drip off. Place cutlets into the preheated oil and sauté until golden on both sides, about 4 minutes total. Remove from pan and set aside. DO NOT OVERCOOK!
- Add wine to the pan to deglaze. Reduce wine by half. Squeeze in lemon juice, simmer 2 minutes, then swirl in butter. Return chicken and almonds to the pan to heat through and coat with sauce. Garnish with parsley.