My brother-in-law is from Naples, Italy and he and my sister owned a Italian restaurant that I worked at for a little while. This was my absolute favorite dish and I often serve it now 2-3 times a month. Sometimes I add artichoke hearts. When I add the artichoke hearts I use a can of quartered artichokes and drain off the brine and add at the end just long enough to heat through!
- Dust chicken with flour.
- In a flat container mix together eggs and enough parmesan cheese to create a thick batter (something like pancake batter).
- Dip breasts in batter and cook at medium to med-high heat in a little olive oil, brown a little on both sides.
- Remove all chicken to a platter- keep warm.
- In same skillet increase heat to a med-high and quickly brown the garlic (not too brown) then deglaze pan with wine and let"boil" a few minutes.
- Add broth, butter and let cook until butter has melted.
- Add parsley, quickly whisking together.
- Add lemon juice 1/4 at a time until desired taste.
- Thicken if desired.
- Ladle over chicken and pasta on individual plates, with a garnish of lemon wedges and parmesan cheese.