Recipe by heorminegranger
Can be found on foodnetwork.com
Top Review by Julia Lynn
I have made this twice now. I don't know why I didn't learn the first time but the lemon flavor was very over powering in this dish. Maybe my lemon was too large. I love chicken francese and other than that this was a good recipe. I will make it again but just decrease the lemon juice to taste instead of following the recipe to a "T." Thank you so much for posting!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 11/2 pounds)
- all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, with rind, cut in thin rounds
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the chicken breasts side by side on a cutting board and lay a piece of plastic wrap over them.
- Pound the chicken breasts with a flat meat mallet, until they are about 1/4-inch thick.
- Put some flour in a shallow platter and season with a fair amount of salt and pepper; mix with a fork to distribute evenly.
- In a wide bowl, beat the eggs with 3 tablespoons of water to make an egg wash.
- Heat the oil over medium-high flame in a large skillet.
- Dredge both sides of the chicken cutlets in the seasoned flour, and then dip them in the egg wash to coat completely, letting the excess drip off.
- When the oil is nice and hot, add the cutlets and fry for 2 minutes on each side until golden, turning once.
- Remove the chicken cutlets to a large platter in a single layer to keep warm.
- Toss the lemon slices into the pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the wine, broth, and lemon juice, simmer for 5 minutes to reduce the sauce slightly.
- Roll the butter in some flour and add it to the skillet, this will thicken the sauce.
- Stir to incorporate and dissolve the flour.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and return the chicken to the pan; place the lemon slices on top of the cutlets.
- Simmer gently for 2 minutes to heat the chicken through.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped parsley before serving.